Senior Fullstack Engineer
Tagboard is a distributed B2B SaaS start-up, growing fast and serving the exciting verticals of news, sports, and entertainment. Our platform enables media producers all over the world to create live and interactive stories, with real-time social content and graphics, to be used across broadcast television and connected screens across events (virtual and in person), venues, web, and mobile. You have likely seen Tagboard in action a million times and didn’t know it- from hundreds of local news stations to national programming on FOX Sports, CNN, NFL Network, and more- producers all over the world are creating award-winning programming using Tagboard.
At Tagboard, you’ll work with a strong team of smart, driven, and fun people who come to work every day passionate about changing the way stories are told, collaborating in our industries with some of the most passionate and creative storytellers in the world.
What you’ll do on a high level
This role is an opportunity to work across all aspects of the stack -- from building features, data analysis, upgrading infrastructure, and advising clients on implementation. We are looking for someone who is excited to work at a small and growing startup. You will work directly with the CTO, product team, and other backend engineers to help define the product, prioritize features, and build out the backend.
What you’ll do on a day to day:
- You will design, develop and deploy backend services that scale, are highly available, and are easy to extend
- You will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in on-call support
- You will ensure our systems are future proof and ready to support the scale of our business
- You will facilitate collaboration between teams to solve interesting and challenging problems
- You will collaborate with key internal stakeholders to determine how to scalably design backend systems and APIs to meet their needs
- You will collaborate in a cross-functional team, where the focus is on the frontend, but some backend and data work should be expected
You are a great fit if you:
- Have experience working with data stores such as MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Have solid experience or knowledge of web service architecture, systems and how they fit together such as: HTTP clients, DNS, load balancers, reverse proxies, CDNs, application servers, databases, and caches
- Have experience implementing and maintaining integrations with social and external service APIs
- Are experienced in the architecture and design (patterns, reliability, scalability, quality) of microservice and cloud infrastructure
- Have a solid understanding of web application development patterns and approaches for large scale applications
- Have an ability to organize and structure the code base with experience developing modular and maintainable applications
- Are extremely detail-oriented, you must be able to hunt down and understand edge cases
- Are a strong problem-solver, you must be able to put forward multiple design options and iterate to find the most elegant solution
- Have an energetic willingness to roll-up-your-sleeves and do whatever it takes
- Have excellent attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent, and highly collaborative
- You deal well with constant change and high levels of ambiguity (we are a startup)